Just like in the movies, anyone who is to be executed is given a chance to say their last farewells. People always expect them to ask for forgiveness from their victims, or ask God to forgive them, but not all do so. Here are some utterly bizarre weird last words:
• “I said I was going to tell a joke. Death has set me free. That's the biggest joke. I deserve this”. This was said by Patrick Bryan Knight a convicted murderer in 2007. After saying that he added, “Another joke is that I am not Patrick and y'all can't stop this execution now. Go ahead. I am finished.” He was executed by lethal injection.
• “Hey fellas! How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? ‘French Fries'”.
These were the last words of convicted murderer James French in Ohio in 1966. He said this with a smiling face. You wonder if he really knew what was happening.
• “More weight” these were the last words of Giles Corey an accused witch. He was executed with stones which were piled on top of him until he died.
• “See you all on the other side, warden, murder me,” said by James Lewis Jackson. He was convicted for murder of his wife and his step daughters. He was executed by lethal injection.
• “I'd just like to say I'm sailing with the rock, and I will be back like Independence Day, with Jesus June 6. Like the movie, bug mother ship and all, I'll be back”. These where Aileen Carool Wuornos' last words. She was executed by lethal injection in 2002. She was found guilty of murdering 6 men in Florida.
• “Hurrah for anarchy! This is the happiest moment of my life.” George Engel a union activist said this on the day he was hanged. He was convicted for playing a role in the labor riots that saw the death of dozens of policemen.